KiHL can provide experienced staff for all infrastructure construction projects. We provide any level of service needed from a short-term inspector to ticket takers to a full project management team.
KiHL employs a staff of professionals to provide complete contract administration services. Our staff has professional designations from the PEO, Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians (OACETT) and Specialist Ministry of Transportation designations.
KiHL provides Professional Engineering and Project Management services to both the private sector and public authorities. KiHL has been involved in all phases of Project Management on various types of infrastructure construction projects including:
- new structures- bridges, retaining walls, reinforced earth structures rehabilitation of existing structures,
- construction and rehabilitation project for dams and canals,
- construction of runways and taxiways,
- widening of existing highways,
- new road and highway construction,
- resurfacing of roadways,
- drainage, sewers, storm sewers, watermains and underground utilities,
- electrical works- FTMS, ATMS, traffic signalization, illumination-,
- traffic management plans and traffic control.
Our service typically includes the following activities:
- Inspection of work to ensure it is performed in accordance with the contract documents and specifications and ensuring that deficient work is corrected.
- Supervising the sampling of materials used on site to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Certifying of progress and final payment requests, processing of substantial and final completion requests.
- Monitoring of the contractor’s compliance with environmental requirements.
- Provide deliverables to the client including as-built drawings, operating and service manuals, surveys and completed project records.
- Providing project summaries/reports.
- Providing contractor performance ratings to clients
All of these activities are done in close communication with the Owner’s Representative.
Our team of professionals provide construction inspection for roadways, highways and bridges. All components of the construction project require inspection and documentation. The major components of infrastructure projects typically follow the Ontario Provincial Standards:
- General Grading
- Pavement (Flexible and Rigid)
- Drainage, Watermains, and Utility
- Miscellaneous items which arise in the construction of infrastructure
- Traffic Safety
- Environmental and Landscape
In addition to Contract Administration, we can provide following services:
- Design Package Evaluation including providing input at the design and review phase of the project including review of contract documents regarding constructability and cost and design revisions;
- Create or review the project schedule
- Recommend tendering strategies and procedures
- Assist with the selection of tenders including calling, receiving, reviewing and evaluating tenders and recommending contract awards.
- Mobilize and manage the construction site including temporary site offices, equipment and material storage, site maintenance, safety, security and traffic management.
- Monitor contractor’s site safety
- Provide daily coordination, scheduling and supervising of construction activities;
- Review shop drawings;
- Liaise with clients and various authorities;
- Value Engineering Studies